Even the mere mention of the term “Biblical Separation” outrages the majority of today’s professing Christians. Those who practice separation as the Bible commands are attacked for being without love for their fellow man, or labeled as overly legalistic. They are condemned from every quarter for posing a threat to the unity of Christians, and it is echoed from pulpits across the land that one who would even suggest not extending fellowship to another believer is heretical.
The condemnation of those who practice “Biblical separation” is WORLDLY and NOT BIBLICAL. Let’s briefly examine exactly what a “Biblical Separatist” is:
DEFINITION: A Biblical Separatist is a Christian who withdraws from or will not associate nor cooperate with a church, group, body, organization or individual that :
- Includes unbelievers and advocates teachings and practices which are contrary to scripture
- Is apostate and advances apostate teachings and practices
- Includes believers who aid, sanction, and advance apostates by their alignment and cooperation with them
- Includes believers professing to be Christians who disobey and compromise clear Biblical teaching.
There are many instances that God directs us to SEPARATE from others:
Eph. 5:5-7, 11
2 Tim. 3:1-5
1 John 4:1-3
2 John 7-11
2 Cor. 6:14-18
2 Thes. 3:6, 14-15
“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.” – Rom. 16:17,18
- As for me and my house, we will serve The Lord. Joshua 24:15